Join now

Happy Chuseok everyone (Seoul)

Hello expats!

As most of you probably know Chuseok (Korean Thanksgiving) is just a few days away in Korea.

Chuseok (추석) is by far the biggest holiday in Korea and is when family gather to share food and give thanks to family members including your ancestors.

Personally this is first chuseok with my family in many years in Korea because I've lived in Canada over 10 yrs as a student and an expat. Thus I know how difficult it gets living in a foreign country without family members near especially around holidays. Luckly for me though I had many great friends to spend time together in Canada.

I wish every member here also have a great time with your family or friends during the holiday. Also just in case if you are looking for some events to attend here are some information about Gangnam Festival and Yeoido Fireworks :

Gangnam Fashion Festival, and the Hallyu Festival.

Unique to this year’s Protected content Festival is the hosting of a K-pop concert featuring the participation of worldwide ‘hallyu’ (Korean wave) stars such as Girls Generation and Super Junior, alongside the Gangnam Grand Sale, where people can take advantage of discounts of up to 60% in department stores, as well as discounted shopping, lodging, food and drink, and performances during the festival period.

Date: October 2(Tues) ~ October 7(Sun), Protected content
Venue: Plaza in front of COEX East Gate
Main Program Schedule

Date Program Time Venue Notes
10.3(Wed) International Peace Marathon 08:00 ~ 16:00 Yeongdong-daero
10.4(Thurs) Opening Ceremony Specially Prepared Stage in front of COEX East Gate
Fashion Festival
10.5(Fri) Fashion Festival
10.6(Sat) Fashion Festival
10.7(Sun) K-pop Concert 19:00 ~ Yeongdong-daero Girls Generation,
Super Junior, etc.

Yeouido Hangang Park Fireworks Festival

Make your plan now to attend the Seoul International Fireworks Festival at Yeouido Hangang Park. World famous, professional firework teams will light up the sky for one of the best firework and laser
shows you will ever see. Get there early to see performances prior to the fireworks.

How to get there:
Subway-Yeouinaru Station. Subway Line 5. Exit 4/Yeouido Station. Subway Line 5. Exit 5
Bus-Blue: 108, 261, 262, 360, 362, 461, 753/Green: Protected content , 5615, Protected content , 5633, Protected content , 6623, Protected content , 7613

DATE: Saturday, October 6th, Protected content

TIME: 7:30PM - Fireworks at 8:00PM

COST: Free

Seoul Forum

Our Global Partners