Join now

Looking for a family that can adopt 2 pitbulls (Seoul)

Hi, my name is Hansol and I am from Incheon, South Korea. My wife and I found two pitbull terriers on Youngjong Island two weeks days ago and we have been searching for a rescue group/family that can save them. They are currently staying in a stray pet facility, but the vet there informed me that they are no longer have a legal obligation to keep the dogs and would have to put them to sleep. I begged them to keep the dogs for as long as possible, promising that I would keep looking for potential rescuers or a family for adoption. As one may know, Pitbulls are categorized as one of the five fierce dog breeds in Korea, and it has been extremely difficult to find a home or a foster place for them. I am wondering if there is any organization that can provide any rescue service or support for adopting these lovely dogs, potentially to a family abroad. I would greatly appreciate your consideration.

안녕하세요. 제 아내와 저는 며칠 전 영종도에서 핏불 테리어 두 마리를 발견했습니다 그리고 현재 이 강아지 두마리를 위한 입양처 혹은 구조단체를 찾고 있습니다. 이 두 아이들은 지금 유기동물 시설에 있지만, 그곳 수의사님의 말씀을 따르자면 시설은 더 이상 두 강아지를 보호할 의무가 없어진다고 합니다. (다음 주 월요일이 지나면 안락사를 시켜야 한다고 말씀하시기도 했습니다). 저는 이 두아이들을 구할 구조자나 입양할 가족을 계속해서 찾겠다는 약속을 하면서 그들을 최대한 오래 머무르도록 부탁드렸습니다.

많은분께서 아시다시피 한국에서 핏불 테리어는 5대 맹견 종 중 하나로 분류되어 있어서 이 강아지들을 입양할 가족이나 보호시설을 찾는 것이 굉장히 어렵습니다. 혹시라도 도움을 주실 수 있는분이 계시다면 답글 부탁드리겠습니다. 감사합니다

Seoul Forum

Our Global Partners