Join now

2+ Furn. rms + bills & work ops w UK Xpat couple (Shanghai)

My wife and I recently packed our kids off back to the UK for university and college and now have a gap in our lives to fill.

We are both UK trained teachers. We have something to offer the new arrival, whether young or youthful.

We are tentatively wondering if any youthful expats (or youngsters) coming to Shanghai would like to rent rooms or even an entire floor in our four storey home in Shanghai's Western Suburbs, close to HongQiao Hub, Gubei and the vast majority of western run schools. It is an area of dramatic growth.

In the 4 storey house, 3 bathrooms means good privacy. Rooms include desks, Aircon, a TV. Games consoles, Wi-Fi, BlueAir air Filters, quality beds (1 King single, 1 queen double) and quality furniture in place. Bills would all be included in a fixed monthly rent with no Agents Fees or big deposit.

We have 2 pets (a cat and puppy) to cuddle or take for walks. And a housekeeper (Ayi) to do your laundy and cleaning.

Metro Line 2 is 5 minutes way by taxi. Plus, we have a small car that can be available under the right conditions (either passing the Chinese driver test or if our guests are juveniles, agreed as part of our care giving).

Payment can be paid overseas into UK or NZ bank accounts to avoid nasty fees and is negotiable, depending on the level of services and type of accomodation required: a room, 2 rooms plus a bathroom or a whole floor: Lounge, Massive Bedroom, bathroom, office.

Also available is the opportunity (for the right candidate) to do some part time work in the Wine Business ( Protected content ) which we run from the same building. Remuneration is via wine, and trust me, we have wines from every corner of the world. A true education. If that wasn't enough; any lodger can opt to make some sales commissions by promoting our wines around the city, AND get a hefty staff discount.

Please get in touch if this sounds like something for you and we'll go from there.

write to Protected content

Gary & Sarah

Shanghai Forum