Looking for a Business Development Manager Asia (Shanghai)
HAIR CARE ASIA BUSINESS DEVELOPMENT MANAGER
Davines is a Parma, Italy-based high-end professional hair care brand distinguished by an innovative approach to beauty through original products and concepts. With its Italian heritage the company is now one of the most respected in the industry supplying salons and distributors in over 70 countries, while maintaining a boutique touch.
Davines offers exciting career development opportunities with a truly unique and dynamic lifestyle brand to candidates with strong background in the professional hair care sales management through partnerships with distributors willing to be the HC ASIA Business Development Manager (BDM).
Responsibilities will encompass all aspects of business development with key areas being:
Mission: To guarantee Davines quantitative and qualitative growth in ASIA.
The objective of the HC ASIA BDM is to guarantee Davines quantitative and qualitative growth in the Asian countries, directing efforts to achieve sales goals and build Davines brand awareness and image in accordance with HQ sales and marketing plans.
Key responsibilities and accountabilities
- To reach sales target and increase market shares and brand awareness :
- To implement regional business strategy in line with global strategy
- To ensure correct price positioning and distribution quality
- To address and support local distributors in their growth through specific actions:
1. recruitment and training of sales and education staff
2. development of marketing, PR and trade marketing activities, education activities, sales events and activities (loyalty programs included)
- To influence distributors to increase appropriate investment on the Davines brand
- To find new distributors in uncovered territories
- To work in a synergic way with [ comfort zone ] BDM’s
- To manage credit policy with local distributors in co-operation with Credit Manager in HQ
- To identify business opportunities
- To acquire and manage key accounts
- To monitor and review stock level and provide local sales analysis
-To act as a link between HQ and the Asian market
We are talking of a business scale of 3 million Euro to be increased.
Dimensions of the business
The new incumbent won’t have any direct reports.
The number of distributors on the Asian Region is around 15.
1st step: ASEAN
Hong Kong, Indonesia, Malaysia, Philippines, Singapore, Thailand, Vietnam + New openings (Brunei, Cambodia, Laos, Myanmar)
2nd step: NEA, Pacific, Pak-India
Australia, China, India, Japan, New Zealand, Pakistan, South Korea, Taiwan
Preferably Shanghai, Hong Kong or Singapore but other locations in Asia can be evaluated according to the right candidate
The candidate requirements:
• University Degree
• Managerial education
• At least 8 years experience gained in the Beauty industry, preferably in the professional Hair Care sector
• Proven track record operating in an International environment
• Sales team management and coaching experience
• Experience working with distributors in the above quoted Asian countries is a plus
• Very good English a prerequisite
• Basic knowledge of Mandarin is a prerequisite, fluency is a plus
• Fluent in any Asian language is a plus
• Multicultural experience acquired working and living in different countries
• Good knowledge of the Hair Care Industry and the Distributors network
• Capable of managing, coaching and training staff
The ideal candidate is a determinate young commercial leader Protected content 35 years old) willing to invest most of his/her time travelling around Asia with a “can do attitude”, able to make things happen. Independent with a strong business acumen, capable to build a trustful, profitable and win-win relationship with local distributors. He/she must be able to seize quickly market opportunities, provide flawless execution with a thinking and working attitude across boundaries.
He/she can be either local Asian with a working background, education and living experience within European countries or European or American expatriate with a long living and working experience in Asia, willing to remain there.
Package: to be negotiated according to experience
Starting date: ASAP