Ducker Worldwide is an international business-to-business market research and consulting company specialized in market-based information for large industrial clients. Our projects include Chinese and global market assessments in order to help our clients make critical decisions with regard to their future business development: market entry strategy, new product introduction, customer satisfaction improvement, market due diligence, etc. The parent company, located in the USA, it’s European offices in Berlin and Paris as well as the Asia offices in Shanghai and Bangalore are specialized in the automotive, construction, heavy equipment, chemical and electronics/ automation industries.
Become a B2B project manager within our China team and work on projects from kick-off through to final reporting. The project manager responsibilities will include the analysis of primary and secondary information collected by our Chinese market analysts and external fieldwork agencies; discuss the findings with the project team and develop final reports and client presentation documents in PowerPoint (English language).
The position is highly varied as it includes dealing with various client types, industry segments, technical products and market research methodologies (quantitative / qualitative). Openness and curiosity to learn about and deal with new topics/products is crucial to be successful in this position. Additionally, the project manager will need to have good analytical skills combined with a sense for both “big picture” thinking as well as for the supporting details.
The project manager will need to have strong leadership and management capabilities with regard to our Chinese staff in order to achieve the results required by our internal and external, mostly Western, clients. The position is designed to support the Ducker China general manager, to whom the project manager will directly report to, and will also require close involvement in various management decisions.
- Significant professional experience; 7 years plus (ideally in a market research, strategic marketing or newspaper editorial position); at least 3 years in China or other Asian countries
- Mature personality with excellent leadership skills, capable of motivating and managing junior project managers, market analysts and fieldwork researchers
- Excellent English report writing skills (ideally practiced in previous jobs in market research, consulting or newspaper editorials)
- Excellent English oral communication skills to communicate via teleconference and in f2f meetings with mostly Western, but also Chinese clients
- Mandarin is not mandatory, but a plus
- A dynamic work environment as well as a challenging work and cultural experience in one of the worlds growing economic regions
- The opportunity to gain in-depth understanding of Chinese & Asian industrial markets
- Excellent career opportunities within a small, growing organization
To apply please submit your CV and a motivation letter to Björn Kayser ( Protected content ) General Manager of Ducker Management Consultants (Shanghai) Co., Ltd.