Needed - Bilingual Tour Manager (Shanghai)
MusicDish*China is looking for a Chinese-English bilingual Tour Manager who lives in Shanghai (or Nanjing, Wuxi... any peripheral city) for a British band touring China. This is a short-term position, and the Tour Manager will work for 5 days from Sept. 14 to Sept. 18. The Tour Manager will receive 400RMB per work day, with a total of Protected content at the end of the tour. ALL meals, lodging and transportation expenses will be covered by the band.
Duties include, but not limited to:
- getting the band safely to venues, airport/train stations, and hotels.
- communicating with venue managers about soundcheck times, show times, payment, and etc.
- taking pictures and videos of band’s performance and updating band’s social media accounts (Weibo, Douban, and etc)
- performing manual labor when needed (for example: lifting a 20kg luggage)
- being able to speak both Chinese and English fluently, especially in musical terms
- having the ability to travel between cities (Nanjing, Wuxi, Ningbo, and Changzhou), without the need to return home for the duration of the tour
- having a good understanding of live music business
Contact Jinming at Protected content if you are interested in this position.
Touring bands information:
Based in Woolwich, Ooberfuse are a songwriting duo composed of Hal St John and Cherrie Anderson. On what sets Ooberfuse apart from their peers, an influential UK music critic says: “Ethereal electronic pop with the complex beauty that Ooberfuse has will endure.” One of Ooberfuse’s strengths is their live performance, having played hundreds of gigs all over the world. They are equally at home performing to an audience of 2 million in Madrid, to hundreds in one of Rio de Janeiro’s notorious favelas, or in front of the House of Lords in the UK. They recently toured the UK, Italy, Spain, Portugal, Brazil, Canada, the Philippines and Iraq.