Join now

New to Shanghai and looking to get out and explore

Hello everyone,

I moved to Shanghai yesterday and now that I've gotten past the jet lag I'm looking to get out and explore a little. I don't know anybody here and don't speak the language (although I am trying to learn using the internet and picking up bits and pieces going out and about) So I'm looking to make new friends.

A little about me, I'm Mike, I'm 33 years old and have moved over from the UK (wow how much does that sound like a dating advert? trust me when I say it's not lol) I have a long term girlfriend and a 5 year old daughter back in the UK and I'm into a lot of things, mainly sport (football, I'm a Sunderland fan for my sins) and computers but always willing to try new things.

I've moved here for work and I currently live in the Huangpu district (I think) not far from subway line 9 in the mall at Dapuqiao (again, I think) and like I said I'm looking to meet other people (specifically who can speak English) who can help me out a little and show me Shanghai.

If you fancy getting together for a drink or coffee then just drop me a line, it would be great to hear from you.

Cheers

Mike

Shanghai Forum

Our Global Partners