Join now

Short-Term Rental: Great Location FFC Micro-Studio (Shanghai)

Eastern experience, western design in the heart of the French Concession. A great value for the location, experience a traditional Shanghai neighborhood, greeted by elderly men playing mahjong as you head to your comfy studio behind a historic French lane house and tea room w/a garden.

1) Immerse in local lane house lifestyle with a western twist
2) Modern minimalist design
Protected content walk to 3 metro lines - easy commute to central offices and universities
3) Located in a trendy neighborhood minutes away from top bars and restaurants, and main expat nightlife area in Shanghai
4) Basic household amenities, fastest internet available, & utilities provided

Like a service apartment, RMB Protected content includes:
-rent
-fastest internet available
-utilities
-basic housing appliances (see below for full list)

For an additional fee, can provide:
-fapiao
-cleaning service
-fresh linens weekly
For the above, if you let me know your company’s housing stipend, we can find a solution so that the above are expensable (and thus no additional cost to you)

Other things to note: This is a short-term rental contract. Thus, as long as 30-days notice is given, the contract can be terminated at any time. This adds more flexibility pending the length of your stay as well as comfort in your booking from abroad (should you not be able to view the apartment in advance)

AVAILABILITY UPDATE:
Start Date: Nov 5
Contact me at:
wechat: kvannest
email: Protected content

Why come to Shanghai and not experience the local lifestyle? Experience what it's like living in historic Shanghai, as if you were in your own home. A hands-off opportunity to immerse in the local culture. Due to rising real estate values, many of these historic districts have been destroyed, making this truly unique and timely.

Modern, sleek design, this is the only minimalist cabin you will find in such a central location. Interior is all black and white. Exterior has a small gated patio with a washing machine. The rooms have A/C and heater units to keep you comfortable no matter the weather.

Please note, this is a great value place in the heart of Shanghai: it does not have a kitchen and is quite small (1.4 m x 4 m excluding the bathroom).

Household items included in your booking: wifi router, bench, hair dryer, wall A/C/heater unit, mattress w/goose down topper, sheets (duvet, bottom sheet, duvet cover, pillow cases), towels (2), pillows (2), tea pot + cup, water kettle, washing machine, clothing hangers, breakfast-in-bed tray, microwave

DAILY LIFE:

Grab a coffee before work at one of the many coffee shops and cafes nearby. Head 5 minutes to iapm mall for an international supermarket, Starbucks, and many chain restaurants. 2 blocks away is a post office should you want to mail anything home. The apartment is also near Xiangyang Park, where you can hang out and enjoy the outdoors or go for a jog. If you're feeling a lazy day in, my guide has tips on how to order in food and drinks.

Equipped with the fastest internet available should you want to watch a movie on your laptop in bed or if you need to do work, choose from a wide variety of nearby coffee shops - closest one across the street from the entrance of your lane!

ATTRACTIONS:
The list of recommended attractions below are accessible by foot or a short 20 RMB cab ride. Welcome to the heart of Shanghai!

Wander around the French Concession
A residential area of Shanghai once designated for the French, the French Concession is famous for its cafes, tree-lined avenues, and tudor houses. These surround the apartment and I have specific suggestions of streets I suggest you visit.

Bund/Shanghai Skyline
A waterfront area in Shanghai that run along the Huang Pu River and is one of the most popular tourist spots. Being a former International Settlement area, the bund houses dozens of historical building and is famous for the Art Deco architectures.

Yongkang Lu/Top Bars
The famous outdoor drinking street (Yongkang) and other major nightlife attractions are within walking distance (I will send you a full list upon confirmation)

Tianzifeng
Tianzifang is known for small craft stores, coffee shops, trendy art studios and narrow alleys. It has become a popular tourist destination in Shanghai, and an example of preservation of local Shikumen architecture.

Xintiandi
This former neighborhood of old Shikumen has been reincarnated into Shanghai’s glitzy and contemporary district featuring fine restaurants, upscale clubs and boutiques

Apartment guide comes with all my suggestions for exploring Shanghai, including best western and Chinese bars and restaurants (and suggested evenings

Shanghai Forum