Join now

Short-Term Rental: Modern FFC Lane House Studio (Shanghai)

Wake up in the heart of Shanghai:
1) Kitchen, TV, washing machine, and work space
2) Across the street from 3 metro lines - easy commute to central offices and universities
3) Located in a trendy neighborhood minutes away from top bars and restaurants, and main expat nightlife area in Shanghai
4) Basic household amenities, fastest internet available, & utilities included
5) Historic exterior meets western interior: experience traditional Shanghai life while living in a modern studio

Like a service apartment, this price includes:
-rent
-fastest internet available
-utilities
-basic housing appliances (see below for full list)

For an additional fee, can provide:
-fapiao
-cleaning service
-fresh linens weekly
For the above, if you let me know your company’s housing stipend, we can find a solution so that the above are expensable (and thus no additional cost to you)

Other things to note: This is a short-term rental contract. Thus, as long as 30-days notice is given, the contract can be terminated at any time. This adds more flexibility pending the length of your stay as well as comfort in your booking from abroad (should you not be able to view the apartment in advance)

Availability:
Start Date: Nov 9
Accept RMB or Paypal.
wechat: kvannest
email: Protected content

For an additional fee, can provide:
-fapiao
-cleaning service
-fresh linens weekly

Suitcase too packed? Fret not, this apartment has all your must-have western amenities and comforts you need to feel at home.

Experience a local lane house exterior, with neighbors cooking as you walk up a historic staircase. Once at your firetruck red door on the second floor, enter into a modern western studio. Sit at the high desk and get work done on your laptop while watching TV. Don't feel like going out? Cook at home. Take a lazy Sunday and make yourself breakfast in bed.

The room has a A/C and heater unit to keep you comfortable no matter the weather. Equipped with the fastest internet available, allowing you to work from home.

Household items included in your booking: wifi router, tall desk with 2 stools, flat screen tv, hot plate, pan, cutlery (2 sets), spatula/wooden spoons, handheld clothing steamer (better than an iron), hair dryer, wall A/C/heater unit, mattress w/foam topper, sheets (duvet, bottom sheet, duvet cover, pillow cases), towels (2), pillows (2), mini-fridge, wall closet, water kettle, washing machine, clothing hangers, HDMI cable (to watch on the tv from your laptop) - everything you need to simply move in!

DAILY LIFE:

Grab a coffee before work at one of the many coffee shops and cafes nearby. Head down your street to iapm mall for an international supermarket, Starbucks, and many chain restaurants. A block farther is a post office should you want to mail anything home. The apartment is close to many parks, where you can hang out and enjoy the outdoors or go for a jog. If you're feeling a lazy day in, my guide has tips on how to order in food and drinks.

ATTRACTIONS:
The list of recommended attractions below are accessible by foot or a short 20 RMB cab ride. Welcome to the heart of Shanghai!

Wander around the French Concession
A residential area of Shanghai once designated for the French, the French Concession is famous for its cafes, tree-lined avenues, and tudor houses. These surround the apartment and I have specific suggestions of streets I suggest you visit.

Bund/Shanghai Skyline
A waterfront area in Shanghai that run along the Huang Pu River and is one of the most popular tourist spots. Being a former International Settlement area, the bund houses dozens of historical building and is famous for the Art Deco architectures.

Yongkang Lu/Top Bars
The famous outdoor drinking street (Yongkang) and other major nightlife attractions are within walking distance (I will send you a full list upon confirmation)

Tianzifeng
Tianzifang is known for small craft stores, coffee shops, trendy art studios and narrow alleys. It has become a popular tourist destination in Shanghai, and an example of preservation of local Shikumen architecture.

Xintiandi
This former neighborhood of old Shikumen has been reincarnated into Shanghai’s glitzy and contemporary district featuring fine restaurants, upscale clubs and boutiques

Apartment guide comes with all my suggestions for exploring Shanghai, including best western and Chinese bars and restaurants (and suggested evenings combining the two) and a tourist one day in Shanghai guide for when you a little time off.

I love this city, know it well, and want to make sure you have a great experience here :)

Shanghai Forum