Technical Writer wanted (Shanghai)
Hi all ,
Looking for a one-of-a-kind career working in Shanghai at of the world’s most innovative companies? If so, read more about our Technical Writer position at Siemens.
Position: Technical Writer
TTB China (under Siemens AG) is looking for a results-driven, quick learner who is passionate about innovation to join its Shanghai-based campus. The successful candidate must be native English speaker and possess a considerate amount of technical knowledge to effectively develop the various types of documentation required such as presentations to senior management, summary of new technologies, process and procedure documentation, online/print marketing material, etc. The candidate must have the ability to clearly explain and document complex concepts in a simple and understandable manner. While technical writing will be the main focus for this role, the candidate may also be given other interesting and challenging opportunities if he/she shows strong potential and is highly motivated.
Essential Functions and Responsibilities:
- Work with scientists/engineers to understand the new technology and compose required documents.
- Lead/moderate brainstorming session to identify new technologies.
- Review, edit, and proofread material written by others.
- Conceptualize and help implement new technology scouting strategies.
- Manage the internal pipeline processes and find ways to streamline it.
- Challenge the proposed technology by asking critical & investigative questions.
- Resolve any problems by applying creative and logical thinking.
- Effectively present to all levels of the organization.
- Must be a native English speaker.
- A Bachelor’s Degree from a top 4-year university in Business, Marketing, Journalism, Communications, English, Science or Engineering. MBA preferred but not required.
- Proficient in MS Office (Word, Power Point, Excel).
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Must be comfortable with analyzing and abstracting key point from technical documents (patents, articles, or papers, etc.)
- Must write in a simple, concise and accurate manner.
- Strong critical thinking and analytical skills; detail oriented.
- Must have strong time management and organizational skills with ability to multi-task and prioritize.
For more information on TTB, go to Protected content .
We invite interested individuals to submit their resume to Protected content .