Where to spend a recreational weekend (Shanghai)
For all people used to spend their weekends in nature with sports , Shanghai is really not the very best place in the world .
The Rhine Dream Marina at Dianshanlake offers pretty good watersport activities like sailing and jetskiing or simply very fine facilities to spend a day or weekend at the lake.
New are rental bikes inviting for a tour around the pre island mostly directly on the waterfront .
Besides the sport offers there are also beautifully bungalows on the landing stages , you even can catch fish from the veranda.
A well kept swimming pool with kids basin rounds up the offer for the family .
In Protected content Dream added a lot of new facilities and reorganized acces and boat rental
Please see down the new offers from Rhine Dream Marina ( shortly called MLY after the Chinese name “Meng Lay yin)
MENG LAY YIN Protected content
In Protected content added a lot of new great facilities and reorganized access to the site , memberships, boat rentals and storage.
New facilities :
1. Sailors lounge with beautifully veranda on the outer landing stage. The lounge is equipped with comfortable furniture , fully climated and the glass front offers a fantastic view on the sailing area even from inside . The veranda is equipped with tables, chairs , sun loungers and beach umbrellas. Certainly catering service is available there too .
2. The new floating coffee shop is a pontoon with round about 150m2 offering small snacks and drinks directly in the lake near the Shanghai border. The pontoon has landing facilities for boats so you can enjoy a short rest directly at the sailing area. Visitors or friends can watch the sailing activities very close resting on comfortable Rattan furniture. It’s a perfect base for races and trainings!
3. New wooden parking platform with slip and landing stage for small dinghies and multihulls at the outer berth. Depending on the wind direction the access to the harbor was very difficult for boats without engine .This problem is solved now , it’s very easy to land and slip the boat, even with an electric winch ! ( ready to use mid April)
4. Stockroom for sails and spareparts at the parking ground
5. Additional boat parking facilities for trailer boats besides the concrete ramp
First of all, MLY stays a marina with free access for everybody! Without any obligations you can enjoy most of the facilities there, rent a boat or enjoy a day at the lake.
Our boat parking fees are very reasonable, with the free access to the site it’s for sure the cheapest offer for boat owners at the lake!
(free access is limited on car parking ,main restaurants , inner veranda and all harbor facilities you need for sailing .)
Nevertheless for multiple visitors we offer a VIP card which let you enjoy the full range of facilities and service at Meng Lay Yin.
1. free use of swimming pool and lockers/showers
2. Access to the sailors lounge and veranda
3. rigging and slipping assistance on demand.
4. Common sail trainings and individual coaching
5 discount of 10% on following offers and services at Meng Lay Yin
A, services in restaurants
B, boat rentals except flat rate
C, boat storage , berth
D, boat service and maintenance except spareparts
E, free rescue service
G, free of deposit for boat rental
For a limited amount of cards we offer a promotion price of
This price is also valid for renewals in the following years
Besides our rental of catamarans and cruisers with skipper we offer now also cruiser rentals as bareboats for experienced skippers ( prove obligatory )
Our rental fleet contains currently 8 boats
3 daycruisers with cabin and engine , 22’ to 26’
3 catamarans from 14’ to 18’ ( two with spi)
Please see the rates and boats in attachment
For boat rentals we have a great offer for multiple visitors
Flat rate for the boat pool
For our fleet we offer a flat rate allover the year , means you can go sailing as often you want, every day , limited only by weather and maybe skills
The rates as follows
Catamarans : Protected content
Monohulls : Protected content
Fleet total : Protected content /year
The flat rate also includes common trainings and individual coaching
D: New service
Finally , we have now a nice lady from Belgium on board , so communication without Chinese skills is possible during weekends .
She also cares that our cooks can prepare some western breakfast and simple western snacks like sandwiches or Italian noodles.
Pictures of the Meng Lay yin ( Rhine Dream Marina) you can find under
further an introduction of the marina and some more infos under
For more information please refer to
mobile : Protected content