A USA company is searching for a motivated self-starter to assist with ongoing manufacturing operations in Asia. The qualified individual should be extremely familiar with the manufacturing landscape in Asia, should be able to freely travel throughout the region, including China.
The ideal candidate would have experience working within the Retail Display Industry.
The right candidate for this position should be able to act on minimal direction and have a strong history of success in a similar role.
Self-starter, capable of completing tasks with minimal supervision
Verbal and written Fluency in English and Mandarin
Able to freely travel across Asia
Must be able to articulate company and project goals to vendors whenever needed
Engineering Degree (mechanical, manufacturing)Preferred
Familiarity with Mill Work and Metal Fabrication practices.
• Identify, visit and qualify new factories
• Source materials and sub-components according to specifications and cost targets
• Issue quality control standard for consistent benchmarking
• Engage in constantly inspection of all products in various stages of manufacturing. Take photos of the product, written reports regarding the production process and evaluation of ways to enhance the process.
• Facilitate Skype/Phone meetings between USA and suppliers
• Drive suppliers to meet or beat pricing and program deadlines
• Problem solve with the team and supplier to meet cost requirements
• Assist in evaluation of first production for new products
• Validate Inspections
• Develop and validate test procedures
• Perform random audits of suppliers
• Review & audit supplier test results and inspection reports
PS: This position is being part time to start but as things ramp up in production it would move into a full time position. If you are qualified and interested in it, please kindly e-mail your CV to Protected content )