Join now

Multilingual American seeks career in China (Shenzhen)

Views

Dear Employer,

As a bona fide "globetrotter" who is globally aware my model has always been "home is where I'm at." My eclectic interests, tastes, ideas and background have always motivated me towards differences and diversity and to approach challenges in a non conventional or unorthodox manner. A self-starter innate with the entrepreneurial spirit, international experience has been my teacher and the world my university. For these reasons, I feel I am an ideal candidate for a position with your company.

My name is Mr. Ajamu AJANI residing in Brazil. I have lived and worked for 10 years as an Independent Business, Language et Cross-Cultural Consultant in Brazil and in Paris, France for 3 and a half years. I am interested in a career with your company. With my extensive international sales and business experience, cultural diversity and language skills I believe that I have the qualifications to contribute. 

English is my native language and I speak fluently Portuguese, French, basic Spanish and Mandarin. I have cultural diversity skills due to my wonderful experiences abroad and ample business experience operating my own consultation services for the past 13 years in Brazil and France. I have also worked for various companies, among them Safeway Inc., my own Global Links Consulting Services, People Coordinated Services, Xerox Business Services and the City of Santa Monica, California. My responsibilities included Financial Services Coordinator, Independent Business Consultant, Supervisor, Inventory Clerk, Administrative Assistant, Program Coordinator, Project Manager, Facilities Management and High school Teacher. I have excellent computer and communication skills and I believe my experience gives me the special skills you are seeking.

I would like to work with a company that offers challenges as well as career-developing initiatives.

The details of my education, work history, and qualifications are outlined in the attached resume. At your convenience, I would appreciate talking with you about potential opportunities in your company. If you would like any additional information, please let me know. I can be reached at  Protected content at Protected content . Thank you for your time and effort!

Sincerely,

Ajamu AJANI

AJAMU AJANI   Protected content Brazil

OBJECTIVE: To leverage my communication, language, and international business skills and extensive experience to achieve the objectives of an international company.

HIGHLIGHTS OF QUALIFICATIONS
• Fluent in English, Portuguese, French, basic Mandarin and Spanish
• Familiar with French and Brazilian culture, politics and economy, through study, extensive travel, and residency.
• Extensive experience with worldwide range of cultures (European, African, Asian, Latin)
• Experienced in Microsoft Word, Office, Excel and the Internet research tools
• Excellent organizational skills as well as the ability to prioritize and multi-task in a dynamic, creative, challenging and fast-paced environment
• Self-starter with a high degree of initiative and sense of urgency
• Entrepreneurial and business consulting skills

PROFESSIONAL EXPERIENCE

Global Index International, Rio de Janeiro, Brazil
Financial Services Coordinator, May Protected content
• Deal with people of different nationalities.
• Networking to gain trust and expand circles of influence
• Fast learner and able to take challenges to help build a strong business.
• Experience in a sales focused contact environment
• Professional, confident telephone manner.
• Proactive in approach, highly driven and able to meet required deadlines and sales targets.
• Experience achieving (or exceeding) sales goals/quotas.
• Ability to make  80/100 outbound calls per day to senior decision makers and corporate contacts.
• Responsible for individual targets and comfortable engaging in conversations at director level.
• Multi-faceted general office support, support to specific projects in the company, handling of private or sensitive corporate and client information, cold calling campaigns converting leads into appointments, overseeing and managing agendas and confirming meetings

Global Links Consulting Services, Brazil, France, USA
Founder and Chief Business, Language and Cross-Cultural Consultant Dec. Protected content May Protected content
• Project Management
• Provide services as an independent business and cross-cultural consultant for Start-ups
• Organize and coordinate business seminars and cultural diversity workshops
• Conduct advertisement and implemented marketing plans
• Language Interpreter and Translator
• Reality Broker consult clients in purchases, appraisals, rentals, and investments
• Relocation assistance for expatriates

Safeway Inc, Santa Monica, CA
Supervisor / Inventory Control Clerk Oct. Protected content June Protected content
• Oversaw, coordinated, and performed computerized cash register sales transactions and cash management
• Supervised personnel, which included training, work allocation, and problem resolution
• Provided sales coordination and problem resolution for floor customer service staff; performed direct sales and customer service as required, ensured that all requirements were covered during operating hours; filled in for staff when required
• Monitored and coordinated ordering, receipt, and return of merchandise; verified invoices and billing and resolved errors and discrepancies; as appropriate
• Performed shipping and receiving functions as well as maintained working relationships with vendors
• Clerical duties included filing and completing department reports and balancing delivery schedules

Pan-American School of Bahia, Salvador-Bahia – Brazil
English Literature / History Teacher Jan. Protected content Jan. Protected content
• Taught grades 8th – 12th
• Coordinated and organized materials related to World History, Latin America and Ancient Civilizations
• Coordinated and organized after school activities and seminars

People Coordinated Services, Los Angeles, CA
Program Coordinator / Therapist Assistant June Protected content Dec. Protected content
• Administrated cases of "at-risk" adolescents
• Organized and coordinated a treatment program for chemically addicted adults
• Organized an after school tutorial program
• Created and reconfigured client databases
• Prepared for meetings and corresponded with clients
• Prepared correspondences, documents and kept track of schedules

City of Santa Monica, CA
Program Coordinator April Protected content June Protected content
• Responsible for the creation and organization of an after school tutorial
• Coordinated city wide cultural events and counselled "at-risk" individuals
• Developed job employment program
• Acted as liaison between Santa Monica College and Virginia Park-Thelma Terry Center

Xerox Business Services, Los Angeles, CA
Facilities Management Oct. Protected content Protected content
• Responsible for daily operation of Xerox account
• Responsible for technical services of copiers and fax machines
• Prepared correspondences, document invoices and ordering of supplies
• Posted billing and ran various invoices for clients
• Answered phones, greeted and assisted clients, and handled administrative duties like filing, faxing, copying and mailing

EDUCATION
• Université Paris 1 Sorbonne-Panthéon – Administration-Economy-Sociology
• Santa Monica College - International Business
• Universidade Federal da Bahia – Brazil – Business Administration
• Escola Mandarim- São Paulo, Brazil 
•Alliance Française -São Paulo, Brazil 

Shenzhen Forum