Join now

Approaches to job search in Singapore

I am looking for opportunities to relocate to Singapore from my current position in Denmark. The channels I have used so far were: Recruitment agencies, job openings directly at companies' home pages, job portals such as, etc. and a few headhunters.

With solid 15 years of experience in the pharma/biotech industry (aseptic manufacturing / injectables), I regarded my "employability" to be fine, given the current prosperity of the biotech sector and the number of MNC's expanding capacity in Singapore. However the job search has been quite tough, so I am wondering if I am overseeing something...

Employment laws in Singapore are not too protectionist. I wonder if the visa application process is what might be holding back my applications? Or the fact that I am applying from the other side of the world.

I am considering now a more radical approach: Quitting my present position and relocating to Singapore on a tourist visa in order to dedicate myself 100% to job searching and to build network. I will be very thankful for any feedback

If you work in the pharma / biotech sector or have contacts that could help, I would be glad to forward my CV. Please write to Protected content .

Best regards,