Business Development in Intellectual Property (Singapore)
Our human capital company is looking on behalf of our client an internationally experienced business development executive in the field of IP Marketing (Intellectual Property). The following are the requirements. Please apply by writing to Protected content . And also join at Asia Professional Jobs Page at Facebook for future roles. This position is to be based in Singapore.
Our client is a privately-held, invention investment company based in Bellevue, Washington. Founded in Protected content , our client’s business model centres on creating, acquiring and licensing pure invention in a variety of technology areas. IV plans to commercialize inventions through licensing, spin-offs, joint ventures and industry partnerships. Our client has offices in the US, China, Japan, Korea, India, Singapore and Canada.
They are currently seeking a business development professional for our Singapore office.
Business Development Director (BDD)
IOur client’s primary function is to source inventions from three channels, universities, research institutes and corporations. The sourcing is done through coordinated efforts between functional teams, Inventor Management Team, IMT (which consists of an invention development manager, IDM; investment analyst, IA and patent development manager, PDM) and business development manager(s). The BDD is responsible for creating and maintaining a platform for sourcing and maintaining the relationship with institutions/corporations.
• Discover, research, analyze and develop strategies to approach rich institutional sources of invention
• Develop institutional programs to motivate the institution and its inventors to submit high quality invention submissions
• Manage the institutional partner relationships and monitor internal IMT interaction with each institution’s inventors
• Develop corporate relationships and support licensing activities
• Bachelors Degree required. MBA or post-graduate degree from a top school strongly preferred.
• Protected content solid experience in either sales, marketing, business development, corporate development, product marketing, investment bank or management consulting firm roles.
• Possess an established local network that can be leveraged (Southeast Asia).
• Understand importance of and experience building a brand
• Creative thinker experienced in long, complex sales cycles and proven deal closer
• Knowledge of IP and licensing is a plus, but not necessary
• Strong communication and presentation skills
• Ability to work in an unstructured environment with cross-border teams
• High degree of work ethic, professionalism, personal credibility, commitment and focus.
• A team player with good EQ, energy and positive work attitude.
• Detailed and possess an enquiring attitude for this trade.