I am looking to hire a regional Tender Management Coordinator based at DHL Express in Singapore working across regions, functions and sales channels for the Asia Pacific, Eastern Europe , Middle East and Africa markets. Please see the role description below -
Create winning proposals within the customer deadline with cross-functional teams, regions/ countries and divisions. Achieve and maintain a high success rate in winning tenders of existing/new customers which are single/multi regional across all DHL business units for all sales channels (GCS, MNC, GFS, National).
Key Accountabilities: Overall goals / Typical measures
- business roles: External
- functional roles: Internal
• Ensure that Tender Management meets the response requirements of the Customers.
• Participates in Multinational and Key customer meetings with Sales and Account Managers in order to obtain a detailed understanding of customer requirements and/or to provide detailed information about the DHL solution. Meeting customer satisfaction targets for proposal quality.
- business roles: Internal
- functional roles: External
• Support MNC and Key Account Mgrs in responding tenders.
• Support country tender teams by advising on tender processes.
• Ensure achievement of performance and revenue targets
• Meet goals of the Regional tender team action plan.
• Maintain good relationships with all internal stakeholders.
Meeting Bid Owner satisfaction targets for support quality.
Achievement of performance and revenue targets
- Tenders won
- Revenue won
• Organise regular pipeline review meetings with the MNC and Key account managers to facilitate efficient work throughput.
• Assign incoming tenders to the regional team members and country teams that are in the best position to win the tender in the most efficient way.
• Lead and manage tender processes to ensure on-time compelling and competitive business propositions.
• Support MNC and Key Account Customer Managers by:
Making a qualification recommendation; providing all relevant information necessary for a go / no go decision so resources are applied with maximum effectiveness to the best bids.
Facilitate sales strategy session with the bid owner & pricing.
Team building; involving the required functional experts, regions, countries and business units and facilitate alignment between the team members.
Developing logistics solutions meeting the customer requirements together with functional experts and other required stakeholders.
By creating a project plan and response guidelines to all involved during the tender/negotiation process.
Creating and compiling dynamic customer proposals.
• Assisting the Implementation manager in the implementation process and communicating the agreed specifications so new business can be efficiently and swiftly implemented.
• For specific customer solution or program management, assist in supporting regional and local teams to implement the solutions
• Reporting on a weekly basis on the status, results and time spend of tender processes.
• Providing input to improve tender processes and tools to increase efficiency and effectiveness.
• Develop and maintain data resources to support tender responses and commercial requirements(Country Capabilities, Business Units, Industry and Customer Knowledge Banks)
Achievement of performance targets
- Tenders short listed
- on time response
Number of tenders processed.
Quality and actuality
People - Management:
No direct reports, however needs to support and provide direction to country and regional tender teams by advising on the tender process
Key Capabilities and Skills:
• Excellent communication skills (written and oral) and ability to communicate complex issues in a clear and simple way.
• Team player and ability to work under high pressure and tight deadlines
• Excellent analytical skills, ability to process large amounts of data.
• Proven experience in hands-on project management and multi-tasking
• Organizational skills with self initiative
• Goal oriented and Quality driven
• Strong interpersonal skills to challenge internal stakeholders
• Solid understanding of customer needs and commercial feel
• Knowledge of Logistics industry
• Detailed knowledge of Express product portfolio
• Good understanding of DHL systems, processes and service capabilities
• Basic understanding of the principles of supply chain management.
• Ability to balance DHL Express competitiveness versus profitability.
• Basic understanding of the principles of ABC costing & pricing
Competency segment ‘Business’:
• Analysis: Analyses written and numerical/statistical information accurately.
Protected content all relevant information before drawing conclusions. Assesses
Protected content , identifies patterns and trends in data. Makes rational decisions and Protected content .
• Planning & Organizing: Sets clear and realistic goals and objectives. Establishes a course of action and a sequence of steps to ensure that activities and objectives are efficiently achieved. Is structured with good personal organization. Schedules time effectively and use efficient work methods and tools.
• Decision Making: Makes timely and appropriate choices based on accurate analysis and experience. Uses sound judgment even in conditions of uncertainty. Anticipates
Protected content of decisions and plans how to manage risk.
Competency segment ‘Leadership’:
• Maximising Individual Performance: Give clear directions and ensures others know what is expected of them. Monitors and reviews performance, providing support and guidance to ensure success. Enforces quality standards and agreed upon commitments, addressing performance problems in a timely, tactful, but direct manner
• Teamwork: Works cooperatively with others to achieve target and objectives. Accomplishes own tasks in support of team goals and actively offers to help Protected content . Supports group decisions.
Competency segment ‘Personal’
• Ability to Influence: Argues own case convincingly. Persuades others to own point of view. Defends position assertively. Wins co-operation from others
• Communication: Writes clear and concise proposals and reports. Speaks clearly and articulately. Presents confidently in formal settings. Summarises relevant points. Establishes information by asking, clarifying and probing. Listens attentively
• Commitment to Excel: Challenges self and others to exceed standards and achieve extraordinary results. Is not easily deterred when encounter obstacles or delays
• Drive and Resilience: Demonstrate energy and enthusiasm. Shows a high level of commitment to objectives and results. Is resilient, recovers quickly from setbacks. Maintains performance under pressure.
Expected years of experience
• At least 3 years working in an analytical role,(costing, pricing, finance etc) or project based role.
• 2 – 3 years working in an international environment.
• Degree in Business, Finance, Economics preferred
Kindly drop me a mail at amritha. Protected content if you are interested with your cover letter and CV before the application deadline Friday 6th August Protected content .