Join now

Korean-Japanese language exchange (Singapore)

Hi

I learnt Japanese for a while long time ago, but I forgot most of it.
Now I would like to pick it up again because I am heading for Japan in a few weeks and my friends are heavily rely on me to be their translator. However, apart from being the only Asian in our group, I am no good at all in speaking Japanese. So I am looking for a Japanese native speaker who can help me to refresh my Japanese.

If you are interested in learning high level educated Korean with good pronunciation, and if you are also interested in Korean history, culture and art, I think you have just found the right person. Graduated from one of the renowned universities in Seoul with a master degree, I have been working overseas more than 10 years as an expat for North American and European companies. I also have an experience teaching Korean to foreigners when I was in the university.

During our language exchange, I would try to share a lot of fun about Korea. I will introduce good movies (not a cheesy drama), poems and stories.
Do you know that married women and single women have a different way of wrapping the skirt? Even Koreans ignore the rule these days. However, I had been playing the 12-string Korean traditional instrument Kayakum since I was young. And I learnt the proper way of wearing hanbok. I can also teach you that. I am sure that there must be lots of rules in wearing kimonos, too.

If you are interested in having fun from learning Korean and if you are good in teaching Japanese, please drop a message to me.

Singapore Forum

Our Global Partners