Join now

Looking for an apartment close to Chinatown (Singapore)

Hello everybody,

We will be moving shortly to Singapore, as my husband starts work there on Dec. 1, Protected content office being located very close to the Chinatown MRT station).

I would appreciate your help, recommendations and suggestions in relation to our apartment search, knowing that we do not intend to have a car (so we need an apartment very close to MRT) and that we have a very bright (yes, I am her very proud mum: Protected content daughter (and so we need a very good pre-school for her).

We have summarised our requirements here below.

1. Target date to move in: December 1, Protected content

2. How many bedrooms: at least 3 bedrooms: 1 for us Protected content our daughter Protected content friends / family visiting Protected content guess) for the maid

3. Required size of the bedrooms: not too big - Protected content 13 sqm could be ok

4. Size requirement: Protected content 150 sqm

5. Preference as to location: walking distance to Chinatown MRT or on a direct line to the Chinatown MRT + close to a good preschool (for our 3 years old daughter) + close to restaurants / supermarkets (but luxury shops are not important to us)

6. Facilities required: swimming pool and gym would be perfect (especially if there also is a children's swimming pool)

7. Requirements concerning age of the building: none

8. Tolerance for noise: low

9. Budget: from Protected content to Protected content

10. Furniture: furnished apartments

Could you please share with me your thoughts on these requests and suggestions on the location? How do you think that we may proceed, as we do not have a lot of time ahead and are still based in Paris? Please feel free to add anything that seems important to you.

Also, do you recommend any good preschool in the area?

Thank you in advance for your kind assistance!

Singapore Forum