Join now

Looking for trekking/hiking buddies in Singapore

Hi guys,

I am looking for partners to go for trekking around Singapore on Weekends.

I have hiked quiet a few trails in India, mostly one or two day treks with overnight camping through unmarked terrain.

I would like to do the same thing around Singapore, starting with peninsular Malaysia. I almost always trek on weekends.
I wanted to head to Gunung Pintang alone today but my pet sitter screwed it up and I have no place to host my dog today so I will go there next weekend.
This trail is reported to be quiet easy but its supposed to have a beautiful view and its just 1.5 hours from Singapore. I might take a tent and I might camp on the peak at night if it feels like fun and if all the group members have a tent else we will come down from there during the day.

I am looking for a group of not more than 5 people to join me. if you are reasonably fit and not excessively obese you should be very fine for this one, you don't need previous trekking experience. Send me a mail at shantanu at cpan dott com if you are interested in joining in.

Cheers
-Shan

PS: I am also looking for people who would like to care for my little dog on weekends for a reasonable price or in exchange for me taking care of their pets on their excursions.

Disclaimer: Trekkers will trek at their own risk and while I try to help co-trekkers where I can, I am not responsible for anyone else's safety.

Singapore Forum

Our Global Partners