Join now

Mar Concert info + Mosaic festival (Singapore)

Views

Hi, this is Clara :)

Just want to share the concert information for Mar! :)
Especially, there is Mosaic festival with nice Jazz/World music so it is worth to check it out!

Several concerts that I want to recommend are;

1. Esplanade (Main classical concerts);

3/Mar (Sat): THE SIBELIUS SYMPHONIES: NOS. 6 & 7
Beethoven Piano Concerto and Sibelius’ short symphonies.

22/Mar (Thu): BRAHMS' SECONDS
Brahms’ piano concerto No.2 and symphony No.2! Do you like Brahms?

30/Mar (Fri): RUSSIAN EXTRAVAGANZA
I think Singaporean really loves Russian repertoire! But still, Glazunov, Shostakovich cello concerto and Prokofiev are quite special.

2. SCO Concert hall

4/Mar (Sun) : A Night of Popular Classics
I think it is good for someone who hasn’t tried classical music before. Very popular repertoire so you can’t be bored or sleepy. ;)

3. Alliance Francaise Theatre

9/Mar (Fri) : An evening at the opera
Seems quite interesting! Famous arias of Bellini, Bizet, Rossini and others, sung by mezzo soprano and tenor.

All tickets can be found in Sistic!
Protected content

4. Mosaic Festival!!!

9/Mar – 18/Mar

Protected content

Please check the calendar and book it from Sistic as well if you are interested. Especially, I want to recommend Vicente Amigo (amazing flamenco guitarist!!!!) and Poncho Sanchez and his latin jazz band (Very happy music!). There are lots of free programmes as well so you can just drop by on time.

You can purchase the ticket from Sistic as well.

For me, unfortunately, still stuck in Spanish class on Fri so will miss all nice concerts on Fri again. ;( However, could book Vicente Amigo and thinking to go for Brahms 22/Mar (Thu) and Bossa nova night on 10/Mar (Sat) at least. If you are interested in same concert with mine, let me know! ;)

Then wish very cultural March for you in advance!

BR

Clara

Singapore Forum

Our Global Partners