Just a thought - and trying to find who would be interested ...
52km cycle on New Years Day (yes - I know its an early start for you party animals)
Cost: ~S$ Protected content bike rental if necessary)
Please indicate interest / sign up here: Protected content
Desaru is a beach resort area located at the south eastern side of Johor about 100km from the Changi coast. This cycling trip will take us through the small fishing town of Pengerang, passing through the idyllic Ramunia beach, and onwards to Desaru where we'll stay overnight at the beach resort.
With the sea breeze blowing lightly in your face, enjoy the relaxing and quiet country atmosphere as you cycle pass rich oil palm and rubber estates. This is an ideal getaway to take your mind off a busy work schedule and bring you closer to nature, away from the hustle and bustle of our concrete city.
Highlights of Trip (good company for two days = priceless):
• Road biking
• Pristine beaches
• Outdoor camping, if you want.
• Beach games, if you still can play.
• Star gazing
Terrain and Physical Requirements:
• Competency in cycling. To have a good grasp of biking skills so as to be able to cycle safely on the roads. Helmet is a compulsory.
• An estimated distance of 45 km will be covered per day.
• Roads are tarred roads, with little or no off-road trail cycling.
• Roads become steep towards final one-third of the distance.
I would expect anyone coming to have done rides of at least 50km within a day in the past year, and be able to maintain a speed of 17km/h.
Things to bring (try to water proof the items)
Passport (waterproof, small zip-lock bag will do fine)
1 change of clothing
Water to drink along the way
Wear a long sleeve top or use sunblock or prepared to get sunburn.
Camera (please waterproof!!)
Some snacks to eat on the first day