No1 US MNC based in Singapore.
Manager, Electrical / Mechanical Commodity Sourcing
Scope and Overview of Position
Based in Asia (preferably Singapore).
Manage a team of Commodity Managers who are responsible for the overall strategy and relationship with all mechanical and electrical commodity vendors.
Responsible for infrastructure, metrics, training & process related to Commodity Management.
Devise and deploy cost benefit metrics to measure the effectiveness of the Sourcing strategies deployed.
Organize and co-ordinate competitive supply market intelligence.
Devise and communicates a common Global Supply Chain strategy which meets the needs of all business areas and sites.
Support Procurement Operations teams to deploy the strategy and respond to operational feedback.
– Devise & implement acquisition strategy for commodities, systems and subsystems.
– Has ownership of the overall success of the relationship between suppliers.
– Is the primary liaison with suppliers with responsibility to define and manage strategic vendors & partners.
– Be the single point of contact for all new difficult and unusual issues that may arise, ensuring that ownership and accountability are clearly established and communicated.
– Take ownership of any quality issues which may affect field or production performance.
– Be knowledgeable of the industry and the state of the suppliers business and the supply market overall.
– Selects vendors to use in our products, based on technical and business considerations (Vendor Selection Processes).
Experience / Capability
Commercial skills and contracts composition experience.
10+ years of Supply Management experience.
Good negotiator and decision maker.
Sound judgment and ability to compromise when necessary.
International management and multi-cultural experience.
Ability to influence the organization.
MBA or other business qualification.