Join now

Unique, great value Phuket break (Singapore)

Hi all.

I don't usually do this kind of thing and this in no way benefits me financially, but thought I'd share a great break getaway.‬‪

A couple of mates of mine own a lovely condo on the most Southern tip of Phuket (Chalong/Rawai), which they let to friends of friends at very good rates. Top floor, beautiful sea view from private balcony, sleeps 4+, fully equipped, pool, etc.

The area is comfortably far from the Patong pandamonium, although near enough to Patong and Phuket town if you fancy a more frantic day and evening.‬‪ It's on the coast and one of the nearest and best beaches is Nai Harn - a glorious sandy expanse, with lovely surf. ‬‪Great beach massages too. Chalong and Rawai offer great evening excursions for local food and more lively bars/nightlife.

The furthest point, Promtep Cape is wonderful for sunsets and sundowners. Thailand's biggest Buddha is close by and worth a trek up to zone-out for an hour or two at the temple.

As if this isn't enough, my chums used to be pearl farmers/divers and have converted the pearling catamaran into a luxurious pleasure cruiser for enjoyable and thrilling day trips. They take people to local islands to chill out on secluded sandy beaches, do reef snorkeling, sea fishing, as well as short late afternoon sunset trips. Recently, we went for a whole day trip to Phi Phi Island and back. It's a snip of a price and includes food and refreshments - fully crewed of course.‬‪

‪Tiger Airways, Air Asia, Silk Air fly to Phuket daily for next to nothing if you book early and car rental is very cheap too.‬‪

How cheap?
The condo: Usually Protected content per night, but if you mention me, they'll give a 10% discount. So, about US$95 per night for the entire apartment which sleeps at least 4. Maybe even cheaper for longer stays and certain less busy months.

Car hire is Protected content (US$30) per day inc insurance.

Flights around US$90pp (mainly taxes!)

The catamaran day trips vary, but around Protected content (US$90) pp per trip, inc lunch and refreshments, reef snorkelling, fishing, kayak and more.

Just write or call me ( Protected content ) and I'll put everyone in touch.