WANTED: People to talk abt themselves + Singapore
I am the editor of Singapore.com - soon to be launched in the next few days - and I have created a section called movers and shakers. Basically, anyone can tell their story on that section of the site. They need to do it through the format of the following questions - you also need to email your name, bio and photo and responses to the following question to me at Protected content
I would love to hear from you or anyone who you think has an interesting story to tell about the life in Singapore :)
1. What brought you to Singapore or (your ancestors)? What cultural stories have most informed your life? How would you characterize your relationship with Singapore? Where else do you feel at home?
2. What inspires you about Singapore?
3. How does life in Singapore inform and mold your art work to date?
4. What do you do (in your own words)?
5. What is difficult about Singapore?
6. Describe some of your idiosyncrasies?
7. What are you favorite places to eat in Singapore and why?
8. As an old man Carl Jung used to make damns with rocks from the local river. He did it to forget time and remember how to be a child. He said that he found it extremely therapeutic. What do you do to forget time and to nurture your inner child?
9. What do you think are the biggest concerns in the world today?
10. What movie or book (or both) most changed your life?
11. What do you think is the secret to a great relationship?
12. What keeps you awake at night?
13. What would you recommend a visitor to Singapore to check out?
14. What aspects of Singaporean culture and Singaporean people do you think is most misunderstood by visitors/outsiders?
15. What piece of history related to Singapore do you find most interesting or helpful to understand the place?
16. If you hum a tune what is the tune most likely to be?
17. What did you most enjoy doing when you were 6?
18. What journey most changed you? Why?
19. How does music play a part in your life? Give an example.
20. Which famous people (dead or alive) would you invite to your dinner party? Why?
21. How do you treat yourself when you feel you deserve it?
23. Let visitors in on a wonderful Singapore secret known only to a true local. Every great city has them. What place can you recommend to visit or eat at that is not in the typical tourist books and why is it special?