Join now

Looking for a native English governess/tutor? (St. Petersburg)

Views

Hello!

I will be in St Petersburg for the last week of July and the first three weeks of August, studying Russian there, and am looking for work as a governess/language tutor during the August weeks (my first week of tuition is very intensive, so I would have no free time then). My Russian lessons are every morning until 1.30pm, and ideally I am looking to work no more than 2 or 3 hours each afternoon/evening - for a maximum 4 days per week, perhaps helping children or adults learn through educational play, conversations and outings — or whatever you prefer.

My grasp of English is perfect, as is my accent. In England, I am a PhD student (studying Vladimir Mayakovsky), and I also teach English literature at the University of Sussex, and run poetry and performance workshops for younger children and adults. I am a performance poet, a writer and an events compere (for example I host the poetry stage at Glastonbury festival, amongst many others), and I have a thirteen year-old daughter of my own, so I am well used to being around children!

If you, your children or anyone you know needs some help with speaking English, please do get in touch! My direct email address is Protected content

Thank you,

Rosy Carrick

St. Petersburg Forum