Join now

Housing in Stavanger | the basics

Dear all,

I originally posted this information as a common thread for Sigrid, but I think it might be valuable for more of you guys, so here you are, you can read below a few tips to get started with the basics of Stavanger's home search jungle!

"Regarding housing, I would say that your family situation is to take into consideration to pick up the one area that will suit your needs. Storhaug is very central, fairly young and also a bit more expensive than Madla or more remote locations. Head to Protected content where you can find the list of available rentals depending on locations (område). "Vis annonser i karta" will show you the same ads on a map of Stavanger. Pretty useful I guess.

Also, if you go to the ads to sell houses / apartments ( Protected content ) you can obtain some information about the demography or the area you're looking into ( Protected content ). By sending this page to Google Translate and ticking more or less options, I think that you'll gain some pretty valuable knowledge and many answers to your questions.

I think those few links will help you to get started.

All the best,