Hi, my job is currently recruiting two research editors. Thought I should pass this information to you. Spread the word among your English native speakers colleagues!
SIPRI is recruiting two in-house editors to join its publications and communications team
You will be responsible for editing texts written in English by SIPRI’s international staff of researchers and commissioned authors on conflict, armaments, arms control and disarmament. These texts will range from press releases and brief news items in SIPRI's monthly newsletter, via web pages, policy briefs and fact sheets to full-length books and chapters in the SIPRI Yearbook, and they will appear both online and in print. As well as editing texts as appropriate for the intended audience, you will check facts, coordinate the contributions of authors and others, and ensure that SIPRI's high standards of language and factual accuracy are maintained.
Required skills and experience
* English as a native language
* 2 years’ experience as an editor for official or academic readerships
* Knowledge of publishing and layout software, HTML, content-management systems and web-based publishing
* Experience of searching for facts in databases, in libraries and on the Internet
* Strong organizational and project-management skills
* Ability to write well and observe detail; to cooperate professionally with authors; and to maintain deadlines under time pressure
Desired skills and experience
* A degree, preferably in political science, international relations, English language or journalism, or in a natural science but with demonstrable interest in political science
* An interest in SIPRI’s areas of research
* Experience of communications and outreach work
* Working knowledge of other languages
* A good eye for the design of printed and online materials
For more information, contact
David Cruickshank, Publications Director
Stephanie Blenckner, Communications Director
Åsa Agéus, Human Resource Officer
Union contact persons
ST: Gunnie Boman
SACO: Olle Persson
To apply, qualified candidates should submit a CV, samples of recent relevant work and a one-page covering letter to Protected content
Initial closing date: Friday, 30 September Protected content
Applications will be considered until the post is filled.
One post will be probationary for 6 months, with the prospect of a permanent contract. The other post will be temporary (vikariat) for 12 months.
Stockholm International Peace Research Institute
SIPRI is an independent international institute dedicated to research into conflict, armaments, arms control and disarmament. Established in Protected content , SIPRI provides data, analysis and recommendations, based on open sources, to policymakers, researchers, media and the interested public.
Information on SIPRI's publications is available at Protected content