Join now
Log in Join

Event Industry Jobs in Stockholm

Hi everyone,

Has anyone changed the type of Residence Permit once they got to Sweden?

I REALLY want to move my event planning business to Stockholm. My hope is to focus on American corporations and organizations that host events in various European countries. But my 'home-base' will be Sweden. I have over 12 years planning conferences, exhibitions, gallery openings, fundraiser galas, etc. So hopefully there is a niche I can work with.

Does anyone know if you're able to switch your residence permit? For example, I might apply as Self-Employed. But what if it's been a year and my business is not thriving? Can I then apply for a regular job and change to a regular work permit once I get a job offer?

Thanks in advance for your help!

Stockholm Forum