Join now

Laughing Stock - Stand Up in English (Stockholm)

Hi everyone!

I'd like to invite you to a new all English stand up comedy night happening in Stockholm! It's called 'Laughing Stock' and once a month I'll be putting on names from the UK and US circuits along with Swedish acts that perform regularly in UK clubs. The first one is at Teater Pero on Wednesday 10th September with headline act the hilarious Yemi Afolabi from New York. Having learnt his trade as a stand up in NYC and LA, Yemi has been making a name for himself in Sweden for the past couple of years. He's appeared at RAW comedy and Comedy Central and has charmed audiences with his energy and character filled routines. Here's a little clip:
Protected content

The support act is none other than Tobias Persson, a well known Swedish comedian, who has made a mark on the UK circuit, playing at prestigious clubs such as The Glee, The Stand and The Comedy Cafe. Tobias is fresh from the Edinburgh Fringe where Chortle described his show as " a lovely, unexpected burst of silliness"

Here's a little clip of him at the Soho Theatre, London:
Protected content

You can also see Jimmy Södermark, a Swede who has lived in Australia, and is also semi famous from the Kanal 5 programme 'Radiostyrd'. The show will be hosted, interrupted and held together by Ben Kersley and James McKie from The Tuesday Chinwag. Tickets to this show are available here
Protected content

You can read about the other shows here:
Protected content

There's also a Facebook group Protected content
And Twitter:
Protected content

And I you can always find out more by emailing me: Protected content

Stockholm Forum

Our Global Partners