Join now

Looking for work in Stockholm

Hello members!
My names Ben, I am an Australian qualifed electrician and Data tech. I recently moved here to Stockholm to be with my girlfriend, and now am activly looking for work.
If anyone has any leads or tips that would be greatly appreciated!
I have registered with Arbetförmedligen, and am eligable for the instagsjobb. I have applied for many job through Arbets and blocket. However I have not received a single response, phone calls generally end with sorry we no longer require anyone when I ask if they speak english. I relise not speaking fluent swedish is a problem. However I also know with past experiences on all types of sites not everyone speaks the local language. I also relise that I am not licensed here and the become licensed I will need to undertake tests with the ECY, which I will do when my Swedish is good.
Idealy I like to get in with an electrical company, I have 10 years in experience in electrical and data. In new constructions, renovations, fault finding and repairs, across commercial, domestical and industrial properties.
I am very loyal and can count the numbers of days I have had off in those 10 years on one hand.

So if anyone has any ideas or suggestions to help me that would be great!

Thanks alot.

Ben

Stockholm Forum