Join now

Marketing Jobs with no Swedish (Stockholm)

Hi all,

I have recently had my residence permit approved. However, I have been in the process of trying to find a job within Marketing for a few months now, all from Tanzania, where I am currently based. The move to Sweden is planned for February. I have been doing online courses but nothing formal is available here, which means that the real learning should kick in only when I am there.

Still, I want to do as much as possible from now. Finding a job before I get there would be invaluable. However, I'm finding it hard to even get any callbacks from the employers that I have applied to. A lot of people have told me that it is practically impossible to get a job in Marketing without any Swedish knowledge. In the beginning, that didn't sit well with me and I set out to prove them wrong. However, the more I apply the more I start to believe it.

The real problem is that my CV is heavily skewed towards marketing, although I have some Commercial Analysis experience. So, in essence, starting in a new field would basically mean starting from scratch. Take a look at my LinkedIn profile so you can see what I mean: Protected content

Therefore, my question is: is it possible? And if it is, what can I do while I am still here, as I do not have the luxury to build a network just yet?

Thank you very much for any input that you can provide! Believe me, I would really appreciate it.

Roberto

Stockholm Forum