Join now

Volunteers? Brits in Europe photography project (Stockholm)

Hello everyone,

I am eager to find British people living in Stockholm or the surrounding area. I am creating a photography project capturing the lives of British people living abroad. I am seeking all varieties of people, young and old, unique or "normal". So if you are up for being involved then please do get in touch.

I am visiting Stockholm between the 30th of November and the 3rd of December. Please contact me on Protected content or on Protected content find out more.

About the project:
I hope to capture what life is like for British people living in Europe. By photographing portraits of people in places that are important to their new life I hope to demonstrate the variety of lives that British people have when living in Europe. I aim to promote the project to a UK audience when it is finished in magazines, newspapers, online and maybe even in a book or gallery show. My desire is to make people see immigration from a different viewpoint and encourage people to think twice about their views on the subject.

I will spend between 2 hours and half a day with each person I photograph and will create a variety of photographs of them in places that represent their life such as their workplace, their pass-times (e.g. sailing) or their home. I then choose a single photograph of each person for the project. In return I offer people prints and use of the images, plus I hope the photoshoot will be a fun and collaborative experience.

About me:
I am a portrait photographer based in London, I work for companies such as the Sunday Times Magazine, the Independent and the BBC. I also photograph advertising campaigns for organisations and charities as varied as Samsung, AXA, Help for Heroes and Action for Children. I love creating my own personal projects to expand my horizons and to discover new ways of telling people's stories.
You can see a selection of my work on my website:

Protected content

Looking forward to hearing form you.
Kindest regards,
Charlie

uk phone: Protected content

Stockholm Forum

Our Global Partners