Join now

Hike in les Vosges in April ? (Strasbourg)

Hello,
what about organizing a hike in les Vosges in April, now that winter seems to have left ?
I was thinking of a full-day trip with a picnic, maybe at one of those locations :
- Schneeberg (starting point Wangenbourg, 40 min away from Strasbourg)
- the Ramstein and Ortenbourg castles (starting point Dambach la ville, 40 min from Strasbourg) / one of my favourites, one part of the hike is quite steep, but you can see 2 or even three castles and have a view.
- the Taenchel, where we can see beautiful rocks (starting point Thannenkirch)
- the three castles above Ribeauvillé (I haven't been there in recent times, but it's a classic, it's not as close as the other locations, but OK).

I can find the corresponding hiking map and build a more precise itinerary, and - hopefully - show the way ...

It would be a Protected content hike, so not just a casual walk (you'll need hiking shoes, backpack, etc..) but not (too) exhausting either.

Of course we can start from Strasbourg and share cars, so that people who do not own a car have an opportunity to come too (and if some other people not living within Strasbourg want to join, we can define a meeting place at the starting point of the hike).

Dates : April 17th ? (this Sunday is a bit short for organizing and the Sunday after that is Easter sunday)

Well, that's my proposal, and we can go even if we are only a few of us, or form a larger group. And if there are many "candidates", this can be repeated later in spring or during the summer, there are many hiking spots closeby.

Let me know if you are interested - and for those coming to Friday's meeting, we can discuss it then,

Céline

Strasbourg Forum

Our Global Partners