Join now

Awesome and exhilarating Dragon Boating in Sydney

Hi everyone,

My wife and I are new to Sydney, kind of. We moved here from Sri Lanka about 10 months ago. I am half South African, half Sri Lankan and she is Australian and we have a beautiful 2 week old daughter, Maiya Amara.

Upon settling with a job and a roof over our heads, I was introduced to the Naga Spirit Dragon Boat team. They are a very chilled out, fun loving and awesome group of personalities who get together three times a week to learn, train and compete. It has been an incredible experience meeting people through the club and competing at local and national competitions!

Our team is now looking for new members. It is a fantastic way to meet new people, exercise and work off work related tension :).

Naga:

Club Bio
NAGA Spirit was originally formed as the UNSW Malaysian Students' Organisation Dragon Boat Team (MSODB) in Protected content . The initial program sought to foster friendships with newly arrived international students and help them adjust to life in Australia.

Naga Spirit today is very diverse club catering to all cultures and age groups and prides itself on the strong bond we hold both on and off the water. The club has been in numerous finals at regattas and has produced members who have represented in the NSW state squad as well as the Australian National squad.

Whilst we are greatly focused on achieving personal and team goals of fitness and competition, this is not restricted to dragon boating as we can often be found in surrounding Karaoke bars, trivia nights and skirmish sessions!!

We have been paddling for over 20 years on the water and with an ever evolving team our motto: "For Each Other" continues to bind us together with a strong sense of spirit and determination. We are dedicated to providing a fun yet challenging environment where paddlers can come together and be involved in the unique sport of Dragon Boating.

Fast Facts
• Club/state team name: Naga Spirit Dragon Boat Team
• Home city and state: Sydney NSW
• Racing strip colours: Red and Yellow
• Name meaning: ‘NAGA’ means ‘Dragon’ in Malay, as a dedication to our roots.
• The season established: Protected content
• Email address: Protected content

Sydney Forum

Our Global Partners