Join now

HELP! Moving to Sydney

Hi everyone,
I have recently been offered a possible position to move to Sydney Australia and I was hoping if anyonecould help/advice me on things to consider specifically:

1) Places to stay - my new place of work Will be in Roseville so any suburb close by or even in Roseville ideally no more than an hr away as I probably will be relying on public transport in first few months. 1 bedroom flat or any other 1bed accommodation be it houseshare around or close 450pw I will consider.

2) My proposed salary is Protected content a 9.5% super annuation - will this be enough for financially conscious 23yr old with no real dependants.

3) To rent an apartment, is deposit taken in cash or cheque? Do I need any local credit history or any other documentation for this?

4) My visa will be a Protected content visa with a reputable company - any further advice relating to this will be gladly appreciated.

I am grateful for all the help I can get as I am both excited by the opportunity and nervous about making the move. HELP!

Sydney Forum

Our Global Partners