Linguists required for the following languages: Portuguese, Polish, Dutch, Czech and Hindi.
Summary of tasks
Develop a morphological schema for the language and use that schema to standardize the annotation of a large corpus.
Test this schema on the words in this corpus, which have already been organised into morphological paradigms (eg, verb conjugations, noun declensions).
Training will be provided in the use of a client tool used for the development and testing of this morphological model.
Languages required and start date:
* European Portuguese - available full time 12/11-7/12
* Polish - available full time 26/ Protected content
* Dutch - available full time 10/ Protected content
* Brazilian Portuguese - available full time 10/ Protected content
* Czech - available full time 07/ Protected content
* Hindi - available full time 07/01/-31/01
- Native speaker
- Must have a Linguistics degree
- Strong PC skills
- Good English skills
AUD26.70/hr inclusive superannuation
Chatswood office in Sydney
How to apply:
Submit cover letter and resumé to Protected content
About Appen Butler Hill:
Appen Butler Hill develops high quality speech and language technology solutions namely used in car navigation systems, mobile phones, word processing packages, directory assistance, speaker verification tools and hand-held machine translation devices. Our staff comprises Linguists, IT professionals and Project Managers who collaborate to produce quality work in over Protected content languages for many of the world’s leading companies.