Join now

An Introduction to Chinese Medicine (Taipei)

It just occurred to me that there might be people here who are interested in attending a short course I am doing on Chinese medicine. It starts next week but it won't be a problem if you miss the first class.

I am a licensed acupuncturist and herbalist in the US. I have taught a number of Chinese medicine courses over the last few years as I enjoy sharing my knowledge with those who are interested.

Chinese medicine is an ancient medicine that has evolved over a couple thousand of years into the present day. As it is a holistic medicine, it does not separate the parts from the whole but treats the overall "pattern of disharmony" that is present in the patient. It considers everything, including ourselves and our environment, as connected and is similar to ancient Greek medicine in outlook.

The goal of this course is to give attendees an introduction to the general concepts of Chinese medicine. We will discuss the fundamental theories, diagnostic methods and treatment methods of Chinese medicine. I will also offer practical advice on topics such as acupressure points one can use for common ailments, such as headaches or sleep difficulties.

Please see below for more information. Feel free to contact me with any further questions or if you are interested in signing up.

Location Taipei Medical University (not far from Liu Zhang Li station)

Time Protected content Monday Protected content

Duration 8 Weeks, starting April 21st

Materials The Web that Has No Weaver, by Ted Kaptchuk (recommended)

Workshop Price Non-students Protected content
Protected content Protected content (33% Off)

Taipei Forum

Our Global Partners