Opportunity at leading professional services firm (Taipei)
Are you searching for employment in Taiwan but not interested in teaching English full-time? Do you dream of working for one of the largest global accounting networks but have nightmares about the high-pressure environment and long working hours of the Big 4 firms? Are you a young professional or recent graduate of an accredited university looking for experience working in the Greater China Region or seeking to jump-start a career in Asia? If you match the above profile, Grant Thornton invites you to apply for a Content Editor position in our Taipei office.
1. Review, edit, and correct English-language reports and translations prepared by colleagues and contracted translators; ensure that translations are accurately rendered, well-written, and contain correct terminology; make sure that final products conform to style and formatting requirements (previous editing and copywriting experience preferred).
2. Occasionally translate content from Traditional Chinese into English.
3. Ensure that all work conforms with specific quality standards laid out by the company and clients; coordinate with the original author to ensure content meaning did not change during translation/editing.
4. Draft English-language emails based on instructions given by colleagues in Chinese.
5. Prepare and deliver English language trainings at regular intervals in consultation with firm management.
6. Occasional opportunities to assist with sales, marketing, and other tasks as required by company management
7. Report directly to head of International Department
1. Detail oriented
2. Native English speaker with excellent language skills
3. Proficient oral and written Chinese preferred
4. Minimum of a bachelor’s degree
5. Excellent writer and editor with formal editing experience
6. Accounting background and proficiency in technical terminology strongly preferred
7. Self-motivated and a fast learner; takes initiative and does not have to be told what to do
8. Excellent team player who also works effectively alone
9. Able to work under pressure and meet various competing deadlines
10. Excellent customer service skills
11. Ability to thrive in a traditional Taiwanese work environment
12. Experience with social media a plus
13. Qualified to obtain a Taiwanese work permit/ARC (we will help you apply)
Please note that this is a junior-level position intended for a recent university graduate with roughly two years of full-time work experience (as required for obtaining a work permit). If you are looking for a glamorous position with a high salary, this may not be the job for you. If, on the other hand, you are interested in professional development within a well-known, fast-growing professional services firm in Taiwan, we invite you to apply.
Interested candidates are invited to send their resumes to: Protected content . Please note that we may not reply to all applicants.