Join now

possible to extend a visa exempt to visitor visa? (Taipei)

I have read several theads on forums and government sites and other places on the net saying you can come to taiwan on nothing more then your US passport (which is good for 90 days) then once in taiwan can appy for a visitor visa within the first 30 days of being there then once you have your visitor visa can apply for resident visa or ARC .

and do all of this without leaving the country

is this correct?

Taipei Forum