1. What was the name of the Swedish prime minister who was murdered and in what year was he murdered?
(Olof Parme – 28 February Protected content
2. What is the largest river in Estonia ?
Narva river on Estonian Russian border (It is not the longest river)
3. What was the year that the Vilnius Old Town was included as a UNESCO world heritage list?
4. Which is the oldest University in Europe ?
University of Bologna , Italy Protected content
5. When was the InterNations website first launched?
September Protected content
6. Where did Prince William first meet Kate Middleton?
St Andrews University Protected content
7. What language group does Farsi belong to?
Indo-European (Indi-Iranian subdivision)
8. What other European city does Tallinn share the Protected content Capital of culture with?
9. The Patron Saint of Ireland, St. Patrick, was not actually Irish. True or False?
10. What does the white part of Estonian flag symbolise?
Hope for a brighter future
Also from Poetry of Martin Lipp – white means hard work, purity, commitment, and most likely white sails of ships
11. Name a French city that has been a European capital of culture
Paris Protected content , Avignon Protected content , Lille Protected content
12. What was the first Estonian language newspaper to be published and when?
Postimees since Protected content
13. Which American dollar bill does Abraham Lincoln appear on ?
5 dollar bill
14. Which country has the tallest building in the World?
United Arab Emirates,Dubai (Burj Khalifa)
15. What is the most expensive city in the world?
Luanda, Angola according to economist Protected content
16. How many airports in Moscow are open to the public? 6, 2, 4, or 1
17. In which country is Timbuktu?
18. If your geographical location is 0˚ latitude and 0˚ longitude, where in the wold would you be? Greenwich, , The Atlantic Ocean
The Atlantic Ocean
19. Which South American country is named after an Italian city?
Venezuela (Little Venice)
20. What is the state capital of Alaska?
21. How many countries are still members of the British Commonwealth?( 6, 23, 53, 62)
22. Where is the only place that the American flag flies 24 hours a day, is never raised, never lowered and is never saluted?
23. Which Sound American country has an Inca name meaning "Cold Winter"?
24. Which country has the highest population density in the world? Vatican City, Bahrain, Monaco
Monaco (16,500 per sq km)
25. How many countries make up the continent of Europe?
50 (Albania, Andorra, Armenia, Austria, Azerbaijan, Belarus, Belgium, Bosnia and Herzegovina, Bulgaria, Croatia, Cyprus, Czech Republic, Denmark, Estonia, Finland, France, Georgia, Germany, Greece, Hungary, Iceland, Ireland, Italy, Latvia, Liechtenstein, Lithuania, Luxembourg, Macedonia, Malta, Moldova, Monaco, Montenegro, Netherlands, Norway, Poland, Portugal, Romania, Russia, San Marino, Serbia, Slovakia, Slovenia, Spain, Sweden, Switzerland, Turkey, Ukraine, United Kingdom, Vatican City)
26. How many people around the world are expected to watch the Royal wedding LIVE on Friday? Protected content , 1 billion, 2 billion