Join now

Need help: preparing trip-looking for insider tips (Tehran)

Hello from Beijing!

I am a bit embarrassed to confess, but I do not know much about your interesting country - but I want to change this NOW! And therefore I would need your help!

I am preparing a trip and look for anything interesting, in particular if it is not commonly known. It would be great if you could reply with a short note if you have any idea you like to share about:
=> Legends in your country - like interesting places, people and stories - something not to find on usual websites
=> Astrophotography

If you do not know such things - but you know someone who does please forward this information!

In more detail what I am after:

>> 1) Searching and finding local legends <<
I am looking for places, people, stories which are not commonly known to someone which is not from your region - e.g. not the stuff you find in travel guides and on the travel websites - I already have been spending plenty of time there and do not want to bother you to pass common public information.

I am after something only locals know, something they talk about and regard as their story. It does not necessarily have to be actual history or verifiable. But interesting!

During my stay I intend to make a documentation of the local legends in short videos and photos.
For the legends I have 3 different categories in mind - and I am looking for hints on all:

a) Old legend - (at least Protected content old - I am looking for something remarkable which is old, but still „shining" - something which is still relevant, e.g. not just an old building.

b) Local Legend: here I am looking for something you and your countrymen like to share with foreigners and that is interesting for foreigners! Let me know what place, people or stories you think foreigners would like to hear about - and if there is some person that would be most suitable to tell the story - who is it?

c) Legendary places: here I look for remarkable places - well known or not so well known - which are great for taking photos that will leave an impression and which provide a great image of your country/area.

>> 2) Do some Astrophotography <<
I am also looking for a place where photos can be taken from the stars at night.
Is there any particular photographers, group, association or institution in your country / area dealing with astrophotography? If so, I would like to know where to find them!

All feedback please send to the following email address: Protected content

Any hint and feedback will be highly appreciated!
THANK YOU very, very much for your time and support!!

Best regards,

Reinhard

Tehran Forum

Our Global Partners