Join now

Trying to get cash in Tehran

July 14, Protected content
Hi friends!
Protected content an (American) InterNations member from Ashgabat, Tehran. I met two wonderful young 20-somethings from Amsterdam on the train from Ankara, Turkey to Tehran. We're all here as tourists - they read all kinds of information to prepare for their 8 days here, except the part about bringing cash. So they're practically cash-less. The Dutch Embassy said they couldn't help them, and now we're trying to network friendly Iranians they might stay with in Shiraz and Estfahan (we met lots of wonderful Iranian people on the train).
Protected content it is indeed a crisis to be a tourist without access to cash (they have plenty of cash in their bank account - but need to access it with a VISA card.)
Protected content any of you make a suggestion? The total amount of money they figure they need to travel through Iran is $400, and I'm sure they're good for paying it back. Several of us are loaning what we can spare.
Protected content run out of cash when you were traveling....?!
For the nights of July 14, 15, we're at Parastoo Hotel in Tehran, and the hotel number is Protected content . My cell telephone from Turkey is Protected content . Our e-mails are: Madeline Uraneck ( Protected content ), Lotte from Amsterdam ( Protected content ) an Tom from Amsterdam ( Protected content )
Protected content for any suggestions!

Tehran Forum

Our Global Partners