Join now

Wanna help to improve flood risk management? (Tehran)

Views

Dear all,

I am opening this thread because we are currently looking for interview partners who live, have lived or own property in Iran near the Kan River for our research project HOWAMAN.

We (an interdisciplinary team from hydraulic engineering, economics and sociology) are doing research on flood risk management in arid and very arid areas where heavy rainfall can cause sudden and severe flooding. This is particularly true in the area of Tehran and the overlying areas of the Kan catchment, among others. We would like to research how the inhabitants of these areas deal with this danger. The project is funded by the Federal Ministry of Education and Research. You can find out more about the content of this interdisciplinary project with business partners at

Protected content
and
Protected content .

However, if you have any further questions, you and everyone else are welcome to contact us at any time under Protected content .

Perhaps you know people who could be considered for this or someone who can distribute the attached flyer to reach even more people?

The interviews can be conducted in German, English or Farsi/Persian with an interpreter. Without interpreter it would take max. 60 minutes, with interpreter max. Protected content . The interviews will be anonymised for use in the project and are of course subject to the current EU data protection regulations. They can be conducted via Zoom, Skype or by telephone.

In the flyer (which I cannot share here), the framework data are described in English and Farsi, you will also find a map of the study area there.
You can find it under Protected content

If you would spread our call in your networks or put them up on the notice board, we would be very grateful.

I look forward to feedback and remain with thanks in advance for your time!

With kind regards
Dhenya Schwarz, M.A.
STO at RWTH Aachen University

Tehran Forum

Our Global Partners