Join now

ITALIAN EXPATS LIVING IN TENERIFE (Tenerife)

hi. i am ronaldo and my wife is living in tenerife. she was born in brazil and she has italian passport. she has no residence in italy.

she is residence now in tenerife for 3 years and before it was resident in london for 20 years. so now she is an italian expat from london england living in tenerife.

QUESTION Protected content i wonder if you italian expat people before residente in italy with rights in the national healthy system there have some healthy coverage in tenerife from the italian government or another benefit ??????

like lets say united kingdon does giving a document s1 from pension service office for expats british or italian that have UK government pension like my wife.

Only with this document she could get residence in tenerife since that spanish government only give residence if you have full insurance for health and more you need to have Protected content in your bank account. another alternative is to buy a private health insurance

if you dont apply for residence in tenerife i known you can live without registration like you are in very long holidays because you have the italian passport and you can have limit access to health centers via european healthy insurance given for italy but this one dont cover non urgent serious diseases.

so in this case if you live here without be resident your official residence is still in italy.

well my question is not about this case above it is for italian expats ex residents in italy living here and registered like residents.

QUESTION Protected content i wonder if you italian expat people before residente in italy with rights in the national healthy system there have some healthy coverage in tenerife from the italian government or another benefit ?????? Protected content .

NOTE; she can answer any questions about tenerife or london .
my wife have all the answers since she lives in tenerife for 3 years and before lives 20 years in london wimbledon. so she has health coverage here from the british government that pays for the health care in tenerife

BUT I THINK AFTER BREXIT NO DEAL 31 OCTOBER SHE WILL HAVE NO MORE HEALTH COVERAGE FROM UK. SO I WONDER IF SHE CAN HAVE SOME HEALTH COVERAGE HERE IN TENERIFE FROM ITALY LIKE BEING AN ITALIAN EXPAT RESIDENTE BEFORE IN ITALY

In this case she will need go to italy and register like a residente and register to the healthy system and after one month informe italian departments that she will go to live in tenerife like expat. so the point is that !!! only be worth to do that if she in this new expat situation she can have health coverage in tenerife from the italian government or another benefit

QUESTION Protected content will appreciate if you can inform me this as well;
Protected content she arrives in italy to register like resident how long it takes for the government gives the document of certificate of residence or anything similar ??
2) can she live in a hostel or room in a shared house and apply ?
3) when can she register herself in the health italian system ???
4) which city is the best and more practical to register for residence and more affordable ????

SORRY ABOUT THIS LONG LETTER AND TOO MANY QUESTIONS BUT I CANNOT FIND ANY ANSWER IN INTERNET. SO I AM SURE I WILL GET THE ANSWER IN THIS EXCELLENT ITALIAN FORUM.
NOTE; I CANNOT SPEAK ITALIAN ONLY MANAGE TO SPEAK ENGLISH SPANISH OR PORTUGUESE. sorry

QUESTION 3 ;
1) if you dont have healthy coverage for your country how do you do ?
2)do you pay private insurance ???
3) do you use only the european healthy insurance card for non serious disease and in case a serious disease you will go back to italy for treatment ?
Protected content IN ADVANCE RONALDO

Tenerife Forum

Our Global Partners