Join now

German Master student looking for apartment (The Hague)

Hi all,

I am a German native, 34 years of age and I am scheduled to move to The Hague very soon to pursue a Master's degree in Public Administration. My top priority at the moment is to arrange for housing. Luckily enough I am from Munich and not easily shocked when it comes to tight housing markets. I am looking to rent a room, studio or apartment as of October 1 but I would be open to discussing an earlier start date of the lease contract like mid- September, for example. In terms of the duration of the lease contract, I would like to sign for at least 6 months but preferably longer: I will graduate in February Protected content . However, a shorter lease duration is fine. Budget-wise I am comfortable with anything up to EUR Protected content month if service fees and surcharges for water, electricity, internet etc. are included. Safety deposits are fine, of course. I am looking for a place close to the university at The Hague but anything within 3 – 5 kilometers from the city center will work as I intend to bring my bike.
I am a sociable non-smoker and a fairly neat person, definitely not your typical student because I’ve already been through it and return to school for continued professional development. I do not have pets but I do like animals. I have ample experience with living abroad: I have studied in the U.S. from Protected content Protected content abroad as part of my American Studies major). If you have a room or know of someone who is looking to rent a room, I would highly appreciate it if you could send me a message!

Cheers,
Martina

The Hague Forum