Join now

Illegal charges by estate agents (The Hague)

Hi folks,
Just another warning about some local estate agents still trying to add now illegal charges:
- since Protected content agents are no longer allowed to demand "courtage", "bemiddelingskosten" or whatever they term the costs - unless you specifically order them to search rental accomodation for you.
- estate agents are allowed to charge you "inschrijvingskosten". Many now use this to obtain the money they charged as "courtage", "bemiddelingskosten" etc. "Inschrijvingskosten' means you pay for your name to be on their books and some estate agents demand a month's rent when you've found & are going to rent accomodation through their website ... The amount charged by some estate agents is now max Protected content .
- estate agents and landlords are still allowed to demand a deposit. This usually amounts to 1 to 3 months rent.
In case you want/need free legal advise, visit the free legal advise bureau "Het Juridisch Loket" which has a website.
Thought I'd better mention this again, as I was interested in an app and the local estate agent tried the "courtage" trick on me.

The Hague Forum