Join now

Cycling in Albania (Tirana)

Views

Hello, I am currently awaiting my deployment as a Peace Corps Volunteer and though I'm not 100% sure, I believe I will be serving in Albania beginning in March of Protected content . For those of you who don't know, Peace Corps deployments generally last 27 months. Naturally I'm a little anxious to see which aspects of my here in the United States I will have to part with for two years. What worries me the most is the thought that I will not be able to continue bicycling and, more specifically, bicycle racing once I deploy. I have been unable to find any information about road cycling in Albania besides a few accounts from bicycle tourists traveling through the country.

Amateur bicycle racing is popular throughout Western and Central Europe, and I have been able to find quite a bit of info on it in countries as close as Slovenia, Croatia, and Serbia. I was wondering if the sport is popular in Albania as well and whether there was anyone who could tell me a bit about the cycling culture in Albania in general. Are there any clubs/racing organization? Is it considered immodest or inappropriate to ride wearing a spandex/lycra racing kit?

Thanks

Tirana Forum

Our Global Partners