Albanian International School
Albanian International School is the newest international school in Tirana, the capital city of Albania. It requires a staff of dedicated teachers who must be flexible and ready for the challenge of not only teaching multiple subjects in a classroom setting, but helping the school grow by being active in the community and involves teaching students from grade Protected content a dedicated interest in encouraging students to learn English. Albanian International School has been operating for five years now and is accredited by the Ministry of Education and Sport.
Albanian is the official language of Albania. Albania is a beautiful country full of gorgeous beaches and snow-capped mountains, and the cost of living is among the lowest worldwide. Albania is a democratic country since Protected content , and it is developing very fast. It is bordered by Montenegro, Kosovo, Republic of Macedonia, Italy and Greece. It has a coast on the Adriatic Sea to the west and on the Ionian Sea to the southwest. Albania was recommended as a top travel destination, by Lonely Planet. In Protected content was nominated as number 4 global touristic destination by New York Times. Come experience life in Albania and the excitement of being in on the ground floor of a new, modern institution of excellence in education.
Website: Protected content
Facebook: AIS Albanian International School
Starting Date: January Protected content
HEADER: 3rd Grade Homeroom Teacher.
Job Requirements for the following position:
1. BA or BS degree from accredited university as well as a Master degree.
2. The Original Diploma and a copy of your Grade Transcript signed by the University’s Dean and Rector
3. Previous teaching experience and/or valid teaching certification/degree (preferable with a license in teaching)
4. Native fluency in English
5. Basic IT proficiency
6. Native citizen of the U.S., U.K., Australia, New Zealand or Canada OR education obtained in one of the aforementioned countries
7. Criminal records issued by the teacher’s home country for the last 6 months.
8. Your marriage certificate with the Apostille stamp needed.
9. Residence permit: The Employer only pays for the Albanian state tax and only for the Employee’s residence permit not for his/her family members.
10. The Teacher is paid for 10 months of the school year.
1. Homeroom teacher for 3rd Grade.
2. Teach Math, Science, English and Social Studies (History/Geography)
3. Follow the curriculum standards
4. Develop daily lesson plans for all subjects .
5. Assist with extracurricular activities outside of school hours
6. Help build the school's reputation and student recruiting through community outreach and occasional marketing events outside of school hours
7. Write short monthly articles for the school newsletter
8. Complete all grading, and lesson plans in a timely manner
9. Support students by providing additional assistance with daily assignments and projects
10. Highly organized and punctual
11. After signing the contract, in case that the Teacher has to quit the job due to family issues, it should give a two months notice in advance
Starting Salary: Based on experience and qualifications
To apply please email the Recruitment Coordinator at Protected content with a cover letter, resume and a sample lesson plan.