Join now

Bilingual IT support staff Osaka, Tokyo & Tochigi

Hi Everyone,

I am reaching out to the Internations community in Tokyo to see if anyone knows someone who might be interested in working for a new company that I am setting up.

I'm trying to find IT support staff for Osaka, Tokyo and Tochigi.

As many of you know, Emissary has been providing network support and application development for small to midsize offices in Tokyo since Protected content . In addition to our main office in Tokyo, we have also worked on projects throughout Japan and have a branch office in Osaka and another in Thailand.

I have recently been tasked by a US-based partner company to help them start a branch office in Japan. I've been asked to take on the role of Country Manager for this new company and to run things for them here in addition to my responsibilities at Emissary. Since the companies’ scopes of work are different, but complementary, this is a good fit for Emissary, myself and the new company.

The new company will focus on third-party, after-market, multi-vendor warranty support for network hardware, which includes diagnostics and troubleshooting in the event of hardware failure and hardware replacement once the problem is diagnosed.

I have an urgent requirement to find three, Level 2 systems support engineers with Unix, SUN and/or IBM systems experience. We need to have one based in Osaka, one in Tokyo and one in Tochigi as soon as possible.

The company will do hardware break-fix support for SUN/IBM/HP/DELL/CISCO/NETAPP equipment. When our customer system administrators and/or monitoring systems find a hardware problem in the systems that we are supporting, they will call us to do system diagnosis, determine the problem and then replace the hardware from the hardware inventory that we keep for this purpose. There are various SLA’s that range from 2 hours to 5 business
days and we already have contracts around the country. Most of our current SLA's are in the 4 hour or Next Business Day range with the contracted equipment located in a data center or the local customer office.

We are looking for bilingual Field Engineers to both provide this support and to drive the break/fix process for each ticket (hardware failure or problem). This means when our parent company receives a break/fix ticket from the customer, they then call up our on-duty Systems Support Engineer (24/7 team availability) and that engineer will call the customer in Japanese, diagnose the problem and come up with an action plan to fix it. This means they will ask the customer for log files, analyze those log files to determine which specific part needs to be replaced and then either go and replace the part themselves or call up the closest available engineer to do the replacement.

These engineers will be working with the backline engineering team in the US to diagnose the problem, but the goal is to have the engineers in Japan be able to diagnose and create an action plan for 80% of the problems called in and also be able to handle the sysadmin work required to carry out the repair (shut down / bring up servers, use diagnostics tools to confirm that the solution has been effective, etc.). Note that the systems support engineer on the ground here needs to be English/Japanese bilingual with the requirement of being able to speak Japanese natively and also to be able to write in native business and technical Japanese. The English requirement is not as high, but they should be able to work with the English backline support team when needed. They will also need to have a valid driver's license.

Do you have anyone in your network who might be interested in this? My first task is to find these three people.

I appreciate your taking the time to read this. Please let me know if you can think of anyone or have any suggestion of where to look.

Please feel free to forward this message on to anyone you think might be interested.

Thank you,

--Michael ( Protected content )

Michael Stuempel
Emissary Computer Solutions
Protected content