Employment Type: Contract
Working Hours: Protected content weekly, Protected content per day (based on availability)
We're looking for a part-time editorial and research assistant to help All About Japan become the most exciting Japan-focused site on the internet! Duties include research, writing, editing and uploading to a WordPress-based CMS. Our office is located just 3 minutes from Ebisu Station.
- Legally eligible to work in Japan
- Available 2+ days weekly for 4+ hours at a time
- Native-level English, ideally with a sense of flair (We love bloggers .Nationality unimportant—skill is key!)
- At least mid-level Japanese (research will require seeking out and confirming information in Japanese as well as English)
- Strong eye for detail
- A sense of what's exciting about Japan!
- Familiarity with WordPress and/or photo software a plus
To apply, please send us your CV and your days and times of availability. Also include a brief sample article ( Protected content ) on one Protected content the following topics in English:
(1) “3 Great Things About Inaka (Countryside) Japan.” Give enough of an explanation to get the reader excited about visiting or living outside a big city!
(2) "3 Reasons Why Winter is Japan’s Best Season.” Try to show how winter in Japan might even be--believe it or not--better than winter in other countries!
Include a brief (two-line) preamble and one photo at least Protected content wide (provide a link if sourced online—online images preferred). Please submit in Word or in the body of an email.
We're looking forward to hearing from you!